Wednesday, October 15, 2008

why3 (or is it 4?)

Why do people have to have an opinion on,
1) Stuff they know nothing about.
2) Stuff that has nothing to do with their lives.

(1)
He: hey that isn’t a goal
me: (mildly surprised) huh?? didn’t you see the ball go between the posts, under the horizontal and into the side netting?
he: no, I meant that was offside...
me: offside? but look at that (replay on at this point). The leftback’s broken the line, the forward isn’t behind him, so it isn’t offside.
he: what nonsense? see where he is when he gets the ball, he’s far behind the leftback.
me: dude... it doesn’t matter where he is now, all that matters is where he was when the pass happened.
he: you obviously don’t know the rules, it’s when he gets the ball... (sees me sniggering)... oh, it’s when the other guy passes is it?
me: hahaha yeah...
he: ok, I got confused, thing is, it isn’t like that in hockey...
me: eh? I thought, there isn’t any offside concept in hockey, not sure, they might have brought it back...
he: (all charged up) no way... in hockey, there is offside, and there they see where the player was when he got the ball!!!
me: (half sympathizing) ok, watch the match now...

(2)
he: can you believe what srk said about ash... what does he think of himself?
me: huh?
he: who is he to say that man?
me: huh?
he: oh you dont know...
me: huh?
he: he said... he said... you don’t care what he said do you?
me: huh?
he: forget it!

couple of days later
(out of the blue)
he: jaya auntie gave him a good reply no?
me: HUH!!!!!
he: jaya bachchchan man... remember I told you about srk and ash...
me: huh?
he: see man, I don’t know what rajnikanth is doing, so I tell you about srk-ash...
me: huh?
he: oh, you don’t like him either
me: huh?
he: hey if you don’t like anybody in India, why don’t you go settle abroad... USA or UK or something
me: huh?

4 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first one is highly unbelievable.

I know you so next two are quite probable :)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger KD said...

spiltting conv 2 into 2 parts...
all three converstions actually did happen...

as for the first part... i probably should've killed the conversation (or one half of the conversing parties) by around the third line...

point being... i, in an odd way, admire the conviction that ignorance brings in certain people.

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL
got to comment here after long. Keep updating regularly.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger KD said...

:)
thanks mpl..
guess i gotta remind the other 2 as well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home